[Bards] Bardic Collegium

Julie Cunningham Julie at ettros.com
Tue Jan 13 07:44:05 PST 2004

I would attend!

I think the copyrite idea is great!

Kathryn of Ayr

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Schreffler [mailto:mot at swbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 9:18 AM
To: bards at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Bards] Bardic Collegium

I am interested in attending the collegium.

I wonder if someone can do a class on copyrite (when something's okay to use, how to protect your own work, etc. )?

I don't know if bardic includes instrumental but, if so, I could do beginning recorder or harp.

Someone mentioned Child ballads as being okay for SCA. I once did a personal survey of existing folk songs like those in the Child collection to see if I could pinpoint characteristics that would help a person write SCA songs that had a similar feel.  I think my findings might make an interesting class (if not certifiably scholarly) for those interested in folk.

I like the idea of a separate event like Kingdom Dance.

Happy to add to any collection that might be compiled.

HL Mot