[Bards] Original Sonnet Competition

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 09:52:30 PDT 2005

Unto one and all does Lord Alden Drake send greetings.

If you haven't yet heard, HL Kat of Coventry, Titled Bard of Ansteorra, is busy planning the next
Ansteorran Bardic Collegium, which shall be held at Loch Soilleir's event (Tourney by the Loch) on
December 3, 2005.  In addition to the many wonderful classes being offered, there will be an
Original Sonnet Competition held for all aspiring poets.  The outline for the competition is as
follows:

1. The competition will be open to any style of sonnet.
2. Sonnets to be written any time prior to the event.
3. One sonnet per person to be judged.
4. Sonnets will be judged on:
   a) technical skill
   b) period theme
   c) presentation (as performed and written)
5. Documentation is required.
6. Sonnets are to be submitted in writing and performed (by the author or a "hired bard") at the
event.
7. The winner shall be chosen by a panel of judges, and shall receive a basket of largess, word
fame, and bragging rights.

A letter of intent to compete (sent to me at alden_drake at sbcglobal.net) is not required, but
encouraged so we can have an idea of how many people are going to participate.

Time and location for submission of the written sonnets and documentation, and for the
performances will be advertised at the event.

If you have any questions relating to the competition, please feel free to contact me.

Yours in service,
Lord Alden Drake
Titled Bard of Loch Soilleir