[Bards] The Right Questions

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:38:46 PST 2006

Hi Folks

   There have been a lot of questions here such as:  Do we want a College of
Bards?  What should it be called?  How should it be structured?  Who will be
the officers?  What will it do for me?  Why should I care?   I think that
all of these, except perhaps the last, are the wrong questions.
   I submit that the questions we should be asking are:  What do we want to
accomplish?  What is the best way to accomplish that goal?

   I haven't seen anyone posting saying that they think that everything is
great the way it is and that nothing needs to be changed.  It may be that
some people feel that way but just aren't saying it.
   There seems to be some feeling that things could be better, so lets get
specific about our goals.  After we have a good idea of what we want to
accomplish then we can discuss the best way to accomplish it.
   I would like to hear some specific answers to the following questions.  I
think that's more useful than vague generalities.  Strengthening the Bardic
community sounds nice, but what does it really mean?

    So here are a few of my questions.

    What does a thriving, growing, healthy bardic community look like?  How
is that different than what we have now?

    What would you like to see happen that isn't happening now?  How can we
make that happen?

    What can the bardic community do to help you as a bard?

    What can you as a bard do to help the bardic community?

    What other questions should we be asking ourselves?

Robert Fitzmorgan
--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan