[Bards] this weekend

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 20 05:51:12 PST 2006

Due to a conflicting schedule, I wasn't able to stay for all of the bardic, but I was very impressed by the turnout.  I heard somewhere between 14-17 competitors entered, so I would give the judges a hearty vivat for sifting through that many fine bards to determine a winner.  Laird Malcolm called me sometime after 10pm to tell me who won, and I apologize for not catching all of the lady's name, but I do remember him saying Bella (somebody), who is a member of House Wolfstar.

The location for the competition was very nice as well.  I was told by some folks in pavilions at the end of the list field that they could hear me singing, and Gerald pointed out to me that he could hear my voice echo from off the distant trees.  I don't think of myself as a particularly loud bard, so to get that kind of sound outdoors is awesome. :)

Well done to all who participated!

HL Alden Drake