[Bards] Situations That Ruin Bardic Circles

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 12:48:50 PDT 2007

A more effective idea, for someone who is organizing a bardic circle, to have a friend or two in cahoots, who can step in AFTER a bad bard, and get things going again, EVEN if you have to go out of order in the circle. No one will mind, at least in my experience.

  Esther

Ken Theriot <kentheriot at ravenboymusic.com> wrote:
                <Yes, as a matter of fact, there was mention of interrupting someone in the middle of a performance.  I personally find that to be a boarish and rude tack to take.  That particular solution prompted me to rally the troops for courtesy and civility among fellow bards.  We are unfortunately already the red-headed step-children of the SCA and we do not need to breed that further by acting dishonorably to our peers.>

  Wow.  Well alrighty then.  I can only speak for myself, but I never interrupt somebody in the middle of a performance.  I’m also not sure what you mean by “redheaded step children,” and am further mystified by the presupposition that any of us on this list do or encourage “acting dishonorably” to anyone.

  Kenneth