[Bards] Dream? What Dream? Did you see a Dream? I know I didn't!

Ken Theriot kentheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Tue Apr 22 09:07:31 PDT 2008

Your Grace,

I would like to use your post to make a shameless plug to the list that my
lady, Mistress Adelaide de Beaumont, will be teaching several classes at
King's College, one of which will be on "Period Filk."  The practice of
using an extant tune and placing new lyrics to it is definitely period.
Adelaide will cover things like how and what was done in period, and also
touch on how we, in our modern SCA, can use filk as a perfectly valid medium
to create performance pieces while avoiding the problems that Her Grace and
I have both mentioned we have with the way filk is typically used in the
SCA.

Be there or be a parallelogram:).

Kenneth