[Bards] Bards in the SCA, was: Bards Digest, Vol 50, Issue 2

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 20:57:44 PDT 2010

Maggie, my experience would suggest that a bardic circle at Three Kings may do better Friday night than on Saturday night.

Saturday night might do better for the NSTIW story circle....

Ahem - what I've been doing for the last (mumble) months has been mostly non-SCA, not-particularly-Bardic (my lady's father has been preparing for, and has now had, reverse shoulder replacement surgery - and he had a serious reaction to something in the process that has slowed his recovery enough that we are scrambling to ease his way through the first few days in a nursing facility).

Although..... in the traditional sense of the Bard, that has very much been part & parcel of What Bards Do.  (Yes, I'm working on re-writing / revising The Bardic Paper again.  It will ALWAYS be somewhat of a work in progress, actually.  Two revs back at http://bard.ansteorra.org/bardcraft/whatisabard.doc is still close enough for immediate purposes.)

Questioning the answers as usual, I remain
Amra, curmudgeon-in-training

Adieu, Amra  / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen

> Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 22:00:31 -0500
> From: maggegene at gmail.com
> To: bards at lists.ansteorra.org
> Subject: [Bards] Bards in the SCA, was: Bards Digest, Vol 50, Issue 2
>
> Welcome Hrethrec,
>
> Well, we perform (whatever our particular genre is), we teach (I'm teaching
> a bardic ettiquette class next weekend at Glaslyn's artisan event), and we
> enjoy each other's company.
>
> I'll amend this question for my fellow bards/scalds/performers....
>
> *What have you done, performance-wise, in the last month or two, and what
> are you wanting to do in the near future?*
[SNIP]