[Bards] Year-Long Challenge for all Ansteorran Bards
paedrics at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:43:51 PST 2015
I would suggest changing #6 to three of the four seasons. Winter will be half over, and summer offers few opportunities... I also like the idea of making it 5 out of 7.
From: Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com>
To: Bards <bards at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 12:19 PM
Subject: [Bards] Year-Long Challenge for all Ansteorran Bards
During my time as Premier Bard, I will hold a nearly year-long competition. It will start on February 1st, to give me time to get the rules down.
Here is my initial idea:
To qualify, you must show that you can meet several standards, so qualification will take time. I'll put together a sheet or ticket on which you can get signatures showing that you have fulfilled all requirements. This way, nobody qualifies the first week of February and then coasts for the year.
Here are some initial ideas for qualifications. Please offer suggestion for how many qualifications should be needed, what ideas I've left off, which ones are too hard, or too easy.
1. Perform in three of Ansteorra's regions, or two regions and out of kingdom.
2. Perform a piece you've written yourself.
3. Perform a piece about Ansteorra or Ansteorrans.
4. Perform a piece written by some other Ansteorran bard.
5. Perform a period or period-style piece.
6. Perform in winter, spring, summer, and fall.
7. Entertain a countess. (I'm not judging it; she has to sign that she found you entertaining.)
I'd provide a small prize for everyone who qualifies, and then have a final challenge or competition near the end of the year - either at Tournament of Champions or Eisteddfod.
Any ideas? Any problems with it? Does this look like a fun challenge? We have the rest to January to iron it out.
Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
Premeier Bard of Ansteorra
Bards mailing list
Bards at lists.ansteorra.org
More information about the Bards