[Bordermarch] Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 a rebuttal

Cindi Picou cdpicou at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 6 17:36:34 PDT 2004

Ivy, you are exactly right. Most of what Chuck has said is entirely on target. Many of Kandace's points are also valid. The dilemma is not to go too far overboard on one side or the other. HOW you accomplish this is to read as many different views as you can - do not simply take the regular media's 'word' for an issue; find other media sources and read what they have to say. As far as politicians, look up their voting records, and comments made on the House or Senate floor. Those are all a matter of public record. Then make your mind up based on what that particular person stands for.

Unfortunately, in our society (and I include both my parents and Darren's parents in this remark - I know of what I speak) people are accustomed to voting a particular party; they never bother to find out what each individual candidate personally stands for or what they believe in. Many times they are totally surprised when the person they voted for turns out to be the exact opposite of what the "party" told them to vote for. It remains in OUR hands to study, listen and learn about public figures before we elect them to office.

I don't mean to lecture you, I just want you to keep an open mind and don't simply accept what someone tells you - find out for yourself!

Cindi

> Grr. I'm just going to stay out of politics until i'm old enough to effect them. i see goods points and bad points to all sides I've read. Please ingnore ALL statements i have posted regarding this topic.
Lyllianne
 "The consequence of refusing to parcipate in out politics is we are to be ruled by our inferiors." -Plato

Selina Designs
http://www.geocities.com/cdpicou@sbcglobal.net/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world
Albert Einstein