[Bordermarch] Fighter practice, New Year's Day in the Anno Sociatus,

Lathrop, Dave Dave.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri May 2 04:51:43 PDT 2008

Greetings Bordermarch,

HE Elisabeth and I would like to thank everyone at fighter practice for
participating as we celebrated May 1st, the birthday of the SCA.
There was food and drink and our new practicing voice herald, M'lord
Oakum, open court for us and called to everyone to attend. We awarded
Lord Adolf the Bear with A Sable Thistle for leather-working.
He has consistently made beautiful and practical leather pieces that he
donates as prizes for our champions. He has also helped many with the
construction of their leather armor. He is now fabricating HE
Elisabeth's leather
scale armor so she can soon join Bordermarch on the battlefield.
Court was short but full of ambience provided by Countess Tessa, HE
Elisabeth, Lady Catalina and HE Amber lea Fairchild. They hung banners
between the tall pines and tied them off so they would billow out like
sails
filled with a strong ocean breeze.
I am once again limping because of my leg bruise that was a present from
Lord Brand Eric. My fight with Lord Zane and his glave was a challenge
because his dancing skills keep him moving all the time.
I would have fought some more, but as I was watching Sir Simonn
demonstrate his way of fighting from his knees, I fell asleep in full
armor. I was standing up!  M'lord Oakum had to pinch me to wake me and
then I realized that
all the blood in my brain was now collected in the swelling bruise on my
leg.
We ended up packing thrones, table, armor, banners, and ourselves into
my new little car that looks like a big blue tick. We stopped on the way
home to pick up Termiticus, our son, and made him lay flat on his back
on top of everything
in the blue tick. He had just enough room to shove a french fry in his
mouth, one at a time.
The leftover cheese  from last night is still in the tick this morning
and should be ripe by the time I leave work this evening. I'll save the
crackers, where ever they are, for next practice. They should be nice
and crispy.