[Bordermarch] Hafla Thanks!

Alianorra MacAiodh alianorramacaiodh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 22:00:29 PST 2008

Greetings to all!

Once again we close the doors of Borderkeep and plan for indoor activities and Winter Revels. I have already heard plans for Gulfwar from both of our fair Kingdoms and all in all everyone looks forward to meeting again in March.

I would be remiss if I did not send out a heartfelt thank you to those that assisted me in the Friday and Saturday night Hafla's and Revel's.

Thank you to all of the gentleman who helped me to carry carpets to and from the Big Fellowship Tent both days and nights. As my pelican says "all you ever have to do is raise your hand and ask for help" How true that is! Thank you to the Ansteorran and Gleann Abhann help I received.

Please Drummers and Dancers forgive me for I do not know all of your names. But a Huge Thank you to our Drummers and Dancers of both nights. As well as all those there to watch and encourage us. There are many nights at a Hafla a fledgling new dancer or a new drummer takes their first steps or hits a dumbek for the first time. It is those there that encourage that help them to take those first tentative steps towards a new art and I thank you for that.

Saturday night we were regaled with talent that spanned centuries in dance and I would like to send out a special Thank you to each of the Dancers for taking the time to share with us their unique skill and talent. I have listed the dancer and her dance style as best I know it.

Mistress Rhiannon 2nd century Gupta
Lady Alianorra 12th century Temple Hindu
Lady Colecte 15th century Spanish Romani
Lady Teraija Single Sword Turkish
HL Ahlanna Single Sword Turkish
Lady Kajira Single Sword Turkish
Maria of Gleann Abhann13th century Bedoin Nomad

These ladies are all very uniquely talented in their style of dance and honored us with an exhibition of that skill. Thank you again.

And of course one can not forget our Fair Queen Elizabeth, Thank you for joining us Saturday Your Majesty, we hope you enjoyed it.

My special thanks goes out to the kind gentle who, while I slumbered in bed at an early hour next to my daughter, picked up the carpets and rolled them up for my return as well as cleaned the Big Fellowship Tent. A great huzzah goes out to you.

Thank you again to all, and I look forward to seeing many of you this March at Gulfwar and all those that can attend again next year at Bordermarch Autumn Melee's for fighting, fun, fellowship, and of course dancing!

Till then In Service do I remain,

Lady Alianorra MaAiodh