[Bordermarch] Some more ramblings

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Apr 14 08:47:01 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

Thursday fighter practice will take place at Roger's Park, on Dowlen Rd. Beaumont. We will once again try to make Roger's Park our regular Thursday fighter practice site.
Before practice starts there will be a Pre-Event meeting at the fighter practice site for our upcoming Baronial. If you've been working on some A&S projects, bring them out and show them off.
This Saturday will see a lot of Bordermarchers travelling to Camp Camwood to join Stargate and Loch Soillier as they host, "Conflict at the Faire".  All will be celebrating 30 years of the White Scarf in the SCA. It will be one of those events you don't want to miss!

Good News! I have not tripped or stumbled since I returned from Gulf War, however; I have poked myself in the eye with branches, almost choked to death on sawdust, and now have splinters sticking out of my hands. The eye is better, the lungs have healed, but the splinters are bedded deep, and will require HE Elisabeth's steady hand to extract them. I do fear she might mistake my chanting the ancient healing prayer for sniveling whimpers of pain, but it will be nothing she hasn't heard before.

As I write this verbiage I wonder with complete amazement at the things my mind is drawn to.  My inner brain focuses on all the wonderful logs I have collected since the hurricanes. HE Elisabeth no longer believes me when I tell her that I'm saving the logs for our children's inheritance; she wants them GONE! I do believe I can stall her awhile if I can convince her that the logs are to be transformed into a fine Viking war ship; All I only need is some encouragement from others whose minds tends to slip every now and then.
I shall name the war ship "Hal Glutn Gustach."