[Bordermarch] Circus Ole'

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Jul 27 10:26:17 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

This weekend we journeyed to Houston to watch the Circus Ole', I originally thought Circus Ole' was a fancy Mexican restaurant that Elisabeth had reserved a spot as a prelude to a fancy night out.
The trip started out with Elisabeth warning me not to get any of the chocolate from my chocolate covered ice cream cone on my shirt. I was driving at the time, and was very careful with the treat. Elisabeth never saw the crushed peanuts that were on the cone fall into my shirt, never to be seen again.
Soon after I had finished the ice cream cone Elisabeth excitedly demanded a writing utensil to jot down some directions to our destination. I grabbed a pen from my visor and handed it to her desperate grasp.
Without going into too much detail I'll simply say that the pen leaked a lot of black ink all over Elisabeth's dainty fingers, and also spotted her white dress!
I was aghast!
Perhaps she was being punished for chastising me for my incompetence with an ice cream cone; I'll never know.
Her fingers did look pretty cool with the tips all black-like; they actually looked kind of scary.

The show we saw went well. We observed a bunch of clowns riding bikes and skipping rope with clappers on the ends.
We saw a mime grab a fat man from the audience and make him do things a fat man has no business doing.
The seats were very uncomfortable.
I saw something that maybe our bards could use;
There were performers walking around in the dark with long coat-hanger looking things bobbing from their heads. On the end of the coat-hangers were little lights. What do you think about our bards walking around site during the evening hours with these things; they'd be able to see the words to their songs really well. Perhaps a little feedback is called for here.

Elisabeth guided me all the way home from Houston; she seems to think I wander when I drive.

Perhaps one our great communicators could share, by way of the written word, how Sunday's fighter practice at Roger's Park went.
Word is we had a visitor from Channel Four News who'll be back next Sunday to do a story.