[Bordermarch] Important news

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed Oct 14 06:02:42 PDT 2009

The bells shall toll in Bordermarch in honor of those lost at sea to Bourbon and Coke's scoundrels.
I would have Rum and Coke taste the Phoenix's keel, but we do require him in one piece for further questioning. I will have a Knight of the Heavy Shield at Widows watch
Do not let him swallow his tooth! Bourbon and Coke is reputed to have hollowed out one tooth in all of his relative's mouths; he filled the tooth with powered Hemlock! Since Rum and Coke has only one tooth left, you can be assured that's tooth filled with the poison. Bourbon and Coke fears his relative's loose tongues will wag when facing the Inquisitor.

Sewallis de Shirley will indeed serve you well as first mate. His father has a fine reputation for supplying the region with fresh clams for our tables, and squid ink for the scribe's quills.

I have recently received a missive from Nomis stating that he is now engaged to Lady Gimwat, a distant relative of Lady Jimwat.
I expect he has taken her to the Shoud clay pits for a cleansing. Nomis has been down this engagement road many times, and he always brings his bride-to-be to the clay pits.
Unfortunately, the bride-to-be usually leaves when Nomis forces her to mud wrestle with him.

Beware my mariner friend, for Their Royal Majesties William II and Onora II now sit the thrones of the eastern realm.
His Majesty William II rules with quick wits and an iron fist; He will not be merciful should you be captured.
Her Majesty Onora II can subdue the wildest of men with her unrivaled beauty, she can also strike quick as a cat to rip out your heart!

They have sent word that they would be our quest at Bordermarch's Autumn Melees, Anno Societatis XLIV, November 19th thru 22nd by the common reckoning.
They will of course have their entourage as well as their entire army with them; we shall be cautious.