[Bordermarch] Thursday Fighter Practice (Rejoice! and Glory be thy thing for Lord Nikolai has sent word that he shall impart on us the most precious of precious gifts, his presence at practice tonight!)

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Thu Aug 5 11:40:18 PDT 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

Let us not forget to go to fighter practice tonight at Rogers Park on the corner of Dowlen Rd. and Gladys Street.
Look for the people raking the pine-cones up so the fighters do not become impaled.

I will be bringing "Publication Permission Forms" and would ask that everyone sign one.
It is the Chronicler's responsibility to have on file a signed "Publication Permission Form" before any of the following can be published in the newsletter or on our website.
This is a list of the following:

a)      photograph(s) or derivative version of photograph(s)

b)      article

c)      poem

d)     picture

e)      song

f)       print

g)      negative

h)      digital-image

i)        visual-arts

j)        derivative-works

For the time being I would hope to have every Bordermarcher sign a form with the "photograph(s) or derivative version of photograph(s)" choice circled.
We need this as a minimum before we can publish any photograph you take or any photograph taken with you in it.

Let us now explain what it means to circle the "photograph(s) or derivative version of photograph(s)"

1)      Should you take a photograph(s) of just yourself and grant us permission to publish it(them) we can do so with no problem.

2)      Should you take a photograph(s) of yourself and the photograph(s) contains other folks in the background who are recognizable, we need to have not only your permission to publish, but everybody's permission who is in the shot.

3)      If we do not have or cannot get a signed form from any of those recognizable fine folk in your photograph, the "photograph(s) or derivative version of photograph(s)" thing means you grant us permission to alter your photograph, your work of art, so as to render the those unreachable recognizable fine folks-unrecognizable. We would do this by slightly blurring their appearance, or by some other means.

Oh-Yeah! Oh-Yeah! it is a bunch to swallow this late in the day, but the sooner we get this done the sooner we can see your smiling faces in our publications.

HE Santiago

HE Elisabeth will see everyone there.