[Bordermarch] March A&S

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 01:23:12 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM, James Wickham <wick7343 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is time once again for monthly A&S report.  This month I taught a
> beginning chain mail class at our local A&S day.  And while at Gulf Wars I
> took a very interesting class on the process of making Herbal Soap and
> another on ancient measurement processes. What have you been up to?

A. General no good.
B. Needlework...lots of.  Blackwork & cross-stitch projects abound, but as
most of them are gifts, I won't be specific.
C. Researched & produced "daryoles" from
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/desserts.html#20 &
http://www.medievalcookery.com/recipes/shortpaest.html for Populace.  I'm
told they were ok.  Since I don't like custard, they smelled really
wonderful and tasted...not so much.

Technically I arranged A&S day, and attended a medieval cooking class,
taught heraldry & submissions, and know about some other subjects that were
mentioned, but didn't get out to the actual classroom. I can't think of
anything else for last month, but this one is already up and running!
--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB

`*When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.' *

* `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.' *

* `The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's
all.' *