[Bordermarch] Monthly A&S

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 03:13:09 PDT 2012

Well....let's see:

Work continues on my blackworked-in-gold underdress.  I've completed one
sleeve and moved on to the bodice.  All the various pieces that will be
embellished have been prepped now, though...unless I go back and decide to
add more somewhere at a later date.

Keeping pace with that project is a cross-stitched pillow design that,
while not at all period, has some very period themes and accents.
Eventually it will be a gift, so it's a 'hiding at the house
work-in-progress.'

I've been taking a class with the Texas Master Gardener's Association
through Orange County, and with that new knowledge I've planted radishes,
cayenne peppers, lavender, several cherry tomatoes, chives & several other
fun things.  I also have a sage plant that has decided it DOES like it here
on the porch and has gone completely insane with happiness.  Purple flowers
and huge, smelly, fuzzy leaves have sprouted everywhere.  Thomas & Morgan
have been helping quite a lot, some willingly, some not.  We've also
started a compost pile to better aid garden growth.

Lady Karen fired several clay toys that she and Morgan had made one Guild
night several weeks ago.  He was thrilled to see those.

Thomas has been researching and planning a calligraphy piece for entrance
in the A&S competition at Squires & Cadets in Stargate next month.  He'll
also be taking the dance lesson provided & participating in the quest as
part of the day's activities.  More on that as the situation develops.

I've also been working out a projected menu for the goods we bring to
Squires & Cadets to share with our good friends and neighbors.  I won't
hijack your post, but be on the lookout for a letter from me later!

Busily I remain...
--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB
*
"...**very fond of rumpots, crackpots, and how are you, Mr. Wilson?"*