CR - Central Principality

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Jan 20 09:00:23 PST 1998

Galen here!

nolen dale wrote:

> If there is time after the classes held at Elfsea Collegium

Llywelyn & Zara Zina have expressed their belief that there
will be time, or that time can be made.

I owuld like
> to insitigate a discussion of increasing the satrength of the central
> region and the possibilities and feelings of becoming a principality. I
> think the populace is ready to make a change.

I agree completely.

> How far the populace wants
> to go may be another matter.

And this sort of meeting is just the thing to _start_ finding out what
the populace wants.  Whether the Principality-yes or Principality-no
opinion
is prevalent, more meetings both local and regional would be needed to
give the other side a fair shake.

I believe that a principality is a good
> idea and will take alot of work. This will also ease some things for the
> kingdom as well in the end.

Certainly true.

> If you would like to talk to me about this I will be at coronation. I
> would especially like any input on what specific topics should be
> addressed at this first meeting.

I'm sorry we didn't get more time to talk at Coronation, but I don't
mind going public with what I'd like to see _after_ that meeting.

I think that there will be no principality without leadership.  I think
many people will react negatively to one person leading the effort.  The
solution to that I see is to have a "steering committee" coordinating
the various things that have to happen before the petition can go out:
writing laws, deciding on name and arms, registering name and arms,
circulating petitions, and so forth.  I think that almost anyone who
wants to be on this committee should get the chance to be.  I want to
be.
I'd like to see the first members of that committee chosen at this
meeting on Saturday.

And I don't mind saying that I think we're ready for principality
status _now_, we just need to do the beaurocratic stuff.  We could
submit the package by year's end, if we want to, and have a Prince
and Princess invested next spring.

> This will take alot of work and effort to strengthen and enrich this
> region for all concerned, but I think any time we can make the dream
> "more fun for everyone" it is always worth it.

Certainly it will take a lot of work to do the sort of branch
development
that Richard, Amra and Llywelyn have dicussed on this list.  I believe
that
the way to make that work fun is to do it as a part of founding
Ansteorra's
first (or even second, if someone beats us to the punch) principality.
And
work that's fun and rewarding gets done more quickly than work that
isn't.

> Comments. I woill check my email account when I return from Coronation
> in service
> Richard Fairbourne

- Galen of Bristol