CR - UH Group -- legal info. for constitution

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Wed May 19 13:38:11 PDT 1999

At 01:39 PM 5/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The group is going to have to be established with the intention of becoming
>it's own SCA group --- in otherwords, established as a pre-incipiency
>interest group (student org.).  The affiliation needs to be listed as "this
>organization is being established with a "potential for affiliation" with
>the SCA, Inc."  And we'll need to list the membership, officer and other
>requirements that will need to be met in order for the group to move into a
>legal relationship with SCA (ie. become the incipient College of Twr Cath).

Let me add a little more to this concerning the requirements for affiliation:

What's the minimum number of officers that a College must have (is it 4 or 5)?
Seneschal
Reeve
Herald
Minister of A&S
Chiv. Marshal
Hospitaler - ?

Optionals:
Rapier Marshal, Chirurgeon, Chatelaine, Minister of Children, Waterbearing
Coordinator, Archery, Equestrian

The group would need the minimum number of officers plus room for a
complete turnover of officers ---- probably about 15 people if you account
for some people either not willing or not having the time to be an officer.

Those 15 people would all have to be current students of the University.
[If you want to hold this interest group from becoming the College for a
longer period of time, you could require that they also be registered and
paying members of SCA, Inc. -- afterall, isn't that how SCA determines the
level of a group....by paid memberships?]

Who is eligible to be a member of the University group (according to the
University)?  Current students, current staff, and alumni.

What constitutes an alumni?  According to the Alumni Org., anyone who has
taken at least 3 hours of classes at UH & is a paid member of the Alumni Org.

Of course, current staff and alumni would not be counted in the membership
count of the College.  But there are many 'alumni' around the area (even if
they aren't paid members of the alumni org.).

~Adela