CR - Privateers Operating Among the Loch

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Fri May 21 09:25:30 PDT 1999

Unto the Populous of the Barony of Loch Soilleir and its surrounding environs do I, Morgan SeaWolf, send... a cup o' grog... and put it on the Baron's tab!

Some of ye mayhap heard some ugly, nasty rumors that several ships have turned up "missing" or that some o' me crew were seen aboard vessels which later have disappeared. <chuckles nervously> Why, its even being said that my parrot 'Squawk' is being held by the Baron pending the return of these ships!  Well, I'm here to lay these lies to rest...

You see, a MOCK raid was implemented to show the effectiveness of Privateering to Their Excellencies... Indeed, many opportunities to raid the enemies of the Crown exist, but I was sure the Baron and Baroness wouldn't entertain any notions of signing on Privateers that they didn't have complete confidence in <he mops his forehead nervously>.  Why, me crew be so well disciplined that they would NEVER think of raiding without me... uh... without me permission.  So, this exercise was run to give Their Excellencies another weapon with which to defend their peoples!  (And gain a bit o'booty in the bargain!)

As to the tale that 'Squawk' be under House Arrest by the Baron... (sigh) you should know that the lil bird-brain has quite the taste for the sauce.  Aye!  'tis all I can do to keep 'im from swimming in the grog barrel... and rum!  By the Saints, but he can put it away!!  So, for his health's sake, he's "enjoying" the hospitality of Their Excellencies, while he... uh... hmmmmm... dries out.

Once his "health is fully recovered" he'll be assuming his position in HRM Sara's employ... aye, the whole crew be wishing him much luck in his new role.

Now that these ugly rumors be put to rest, I'll be about me job of respectable sea-merchant...

Fair winds to ya... and an ill-wind to the enemies of Ansteorra and the Loch!

Morgan SeaWolf