[Coastal] Sheep-to-Shawl Classes

wyllowmacm at netscape.net wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Mon May 5 05:58:36 PDT 2008

News to Fiber Artists in the Loch and our neighboring lands,

I am starting a new set of Sheep-to-shawl classes at my Fiber Arts
meetings on Mondays. My local sheep Pamela Ewe-ling and her daughter
Peep just dropped a bag of wool off on my doorstep. (Don't ask about
brother Bo - it's a sad but yummy story.)

Monday (5/4) is "This is the way you wash your wool..."  If you want
to help, come in clothes that can get wet & dirty.

The rest of May will be "Carding for Woolen" & "Combing for Worsted".
I am planning to include a workshop to make our own combs.  (I may
sneak in a "Dyeing in the Wool" class.)  Plan to card or comb your
own wool, if you want to learn to spin.

June will be Spinning - "Make your own Spindle", "Spinning in the
Hand" and "Drop-spinning".
(I could sneak a Felting class into the cycle here.)

We'll dedicate July to Dyeing.

Which means I'll be looking for final-product teachers at the end of
Summer - Knitting, Felting, Naalbending, Sprang, Weaving (basic,
inkle, card).

In case there is a huge outpouring of interest, I am requesting RSVPs
so I can plan for the correct number of participants.  However, I'll
plan a few above, in case you convince a friend to come at the last
minute.  The "Make your Own" classes will include a request for a few
$ to cover cost of materials.

The Loch Fiber Art guild meets on Mondays, in conjunction with the
UFO (Un-Finished Objects). (So bring a project to work on, if you are
just coming along for the ride.  Or plan to peruse my research
library.)  We meet at 207 Sweetgum, League City, from 7:00pm-9:ish.
email or call for directions: wyllowmacm at netscape.net or 281-316-0764.

In Service to the Dream,
--Wyllow