ES - Regarding the absence of Lady Anne...

CaptnAnn CaptnAnn at AOL.com
Wed Jan 21 16:18:50 PST 1998

Unto Baroness Zara Zina:

I do hope this missive finds you and yours well and happy.

It has come to my recent attention through several reliable sources, that
there have been some questions and complaints regarding not only my absence at
Elfsea functions, but also at Moot.  This, I assure you, is not without small
consideration on my part.

Working 2 jobs (as I am doing) is difficult -- as most who have done this are
very aware.  It cuts into 'fun' time, friendships, socializing, and meetings.
Unfortunately, when there is mundane need, there must also be sacrifice.  As
the SCA (wonderful as it is) is NOT responsible for paying bills and holding
our regular jobs, and we do not get paid (generally, merchants are a different
matter) for what we do in the society, I had to make a decision.  I have not
enjoyed hearing that 'so-and-so said this...' or so-and-so said that...' about
me, or the most recent  '...when was the last time she was at Moot?'

I can answer that easily:  I attended Moot back in September -- before I took
on my 2nd job in the evenings.

As to the Elfsea Dance Guild, these 2 nights a month I have made prior
arrangements about, so I may attend and attempt to carry out my love of dance
in the best way I know how.  I only wish I could do it more often then twice a
month.  (My apologies to Lady Arabella -- if nothing happens, then I have
nothing to report to you for the Scroll.)  It is not only very disheartening
when all whom show up are one-time-only curious mundanes and nearly none of
our great Barony's good folk, it has been most difficult at times answering
questions regarding the whereabouts of the other guild members..? (And a
hearty 'thank you' to Lord Julian!  There have been a lot of times when he and
I were the only ones there.)

In short (and I will not point a finger at anyone in particular) I request
that all the negative comments in my direction immediately cease and desist.
I am doing the best I can in the current situation.  If anyone has a
suggestion though, on just how I can be in two places at once, I am open and
willing to listen.  All you need to do is call, e-mail me via
Elfsea at Ansteorra, or e-mail me privately.  I can be reached, and will respond.

I would also like momentarily to say 'thanks' to Lady Tanwyn, Lord Raimond,
Sir Galen, Lady Simone, Mistress Eowyn, and Mistress Rhiann (sp?), for either
keeping in touch with me through these long months, or giving me encouragement
in some way which has helped me, when I cannot attend Elfsea functions.  I
miss everyone greatly.

Thank you good Baroness for your attention in this frustrating matter.  It is
my hope that I will again return to my beloved Elfsea and it's functions soon.

Dancing in Service to Barony, Crown, and Kingdom --

Lady Fiona 'Anne' Cormac