ES - Safety Issue

Robert Singleton slugmusk at alias.flash.net
Thu Aug 5 10:10:49 PDT 1999

Valentyn wrote:

> I changed the thread name because you did bring up a different point --
> I think it was Gulf War last year that there was actually a safety issue
> with people wearing metal cleats.

Metal cleats (or golf spikes, for that matter) are effectively dull
blades with the tremendous force of an adult's weight behind them [ Some
of us more than others :) ]. Stepping on a fallen fighter's leg or arm
in a melee situation could result in a painful tearing or gouging wound.
Remember that most fighters use minimum or just over minimum armor and
that even fairly complete coverage of armor exposes a significant amount
of flesh protected by cloth at most.

And I thought a kinda light hit from a nice blunt sword on the back of
my leg hurt...

--
-------------------------

Robert Singleton

Lord Robert of Slugglen
House Mac An Ghabhann
Canton of Loch Ruadh
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Planet Earth
The Sol System
The Milky Way
Universe Unspecified

People need to give Bill Clinton a little slack. He is doing the work of
three men:
Larry, Curly, and Moe.