ES - New group in Weatherford

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan jesl at netzero.net
Sun Jun 20 22:26:49 PDT 1999

Bonjour cousins et cousines from Madelina de Lindesaye.

As promised, I emailed Lady Gemma of Firth about the discussion
concerning starting a new group (canton? shire?) in Weatherford.  The
following is her reply (cut and pasted for brevity):

"I can't help feeling the support is because of the
difference in who is putting the idea forward, that
may just be my personal anger still simmering, who
knows.  Yes, there is LOTS of interest in that area,
there always has been. I also know a 'heavy' fighter
with lots of SCA background that has recently moved
there. He and his wife would probably help.  Robert is
at work right now, I'll ask him when he gets in, in
the morning.  I know he will probably feel the same as
I about it.  By the way who is getting credit for this
"new expansion" idea? (Yes, I'm STILL a bit hot over
how it was handled last time).  I will contact those
who wanted to play when we tried this before and see
if they are still interested and put them in touch.
     I have no problem helping there, it's still my
dream also (the SCA) and I refuse to let the politics
some like to play, wake me up. Feel free to forward
this if you like.
                                 Love to all,
                                   Us
                         Robert and Vickie Belt

                         Ld. Egbert of Hastings
                         Ldy. Gemma of the Firth"

As always, if I can be of assistance, feel free to prevail upon me.

Amicalement,
Madelina