ES - Pardon? Could you speak up?

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Wed Oct 27 11:16:04 PDT 1999

At ATYC we had mikes for the heralds and their majesties when they wished to
speak into the mike. Mikes are not period and heralds are. Unfortunately, I
know very few heralds who can actually carry a coronation court and be heard
at the back of the hall. This is not ment as insult to our heralds just a
matter of distance and acoustics.

At ATYC the crowd noise was a great deal smaller, because everyone could
hear and did want to hear the words of their crown. I believe we all want to
hear the words of our crown and their heralds, and who got what award, and
what word fame is being given to this good gentle. I WANT TO HEAR IT! So. I
always sit up front. However not everyone can sit up front, and its hard to
feel a part of coronation and listen to the words of the crown when you are
110 feet away and 300 people are between you and the stage.

Mikes allow everyone all over the hall to hear the words of grace, chivalry,
honor, humor from our crowns. They also carry everything else. We will do
whatever the crown wishes to do, but I know the populace would thank their
majesties if they could hear their court. I know the populace was very
grateful at ATYC when they heard the coronation court,some for the first
time.

just an opinion.

Richard Fairbourne