ES - Re: Coronation bid

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Wed Oct 20 15:17:18 PDT 1999

Sigrid and I are having scheduling conflicts on Thursday nights, so
instead of offering these comments at a meeting I am posting them.  (Our
natural childbirth class is only available on Thursday nights, but it
won't last forever.)  If anyone likes some of the following suggestions
feel free to bring them up at a meeting.  If not then let them die
peacefully.

I am not sure that I support a bid for coronation at this date.  It
seems a bit odd to not even consider a bid until after crown, makes it
seem as though our loyalties depend on the Crown not the Kingdom.
Instead I would like to suggest one or  more of the follwing
alternatives.

Formally offer our support and aid to Alaric and Kayleigh during
Coronation and the rest of their reign.  Being the Crown is a LOT of
work and by helping out we would support both our friends and our
kingdom.  And it makes things easier if Elfsea asks them what we can
do.

Offer to help with coronation (or crown).  With an archery shoot or
dancing or Feast or whatever.  We could also help with a bid from a
group that hasn't had a kingdom event before.

Go to their Highnesses privately and ask if they would like us to bid.

Is there a possibility of rescheduling arts and sciences?  Some people
have already put work into this event.  What would it do to our
relationship with the site if we cancel or reschedule?  I don't believe
we have any other site near as good for a collegium.

                                        Mableth