ES - What a glorious war!

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at insurdata.com
Tue Mar 21 12:16:27 PST 2000

I will add to the tales of the battles...

During Ansteorra's defense of the Castle, I was killed rather early.  I
watched until very late in the battle from the side where I could see how
Ansteorra faired inside.  Late in the battle I began to move back towards
the Arthurian rally point for the next battle.  On the way, several people
asked how it was going, "Will we hold it?"

I could but smile and try to hold back a cackle of joy when asked this
question.  For within the fort one of Ansteorra's allies, Calontir, had been
held in reserve until very very late in the battle.  Calontir had marched to
the gate, fallen to their knees, and formed their now famous 'kneeling
shieldwall' inside the doorway just as I began to walk back.  Soon enough
the signs that it was working were clear.  Hold, then hold again just to
clear the dead out of the gatehouse.

Calontir held the gate, and did it well. Vivat Calontir!

Timothy of Glastonbury