[Steppes] RE: [Elfsea] solariums/ Mom's Club

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Sun Jun 3 09:17:08 PDT 2001

I've already ordered the tee's for the class..... however....... I have a
few packages of "Fruit of the Loom" in my arsenal for folks who didn't get
messages in time for me to order them.  Please plan to attend we'll see if
we can work something out.  The only difference is the amount of polyester
in the product and non-cotton thread.  A regular tee shirt will dye and hold
it's color it just won't look as bright.  I'll have a few examples available
for you guys to see what I'm talking about.

Remember this class will be held at Xene's house in Cedar Hill, see below
for directions.

Arabella
How much are the tees?  I would need one child medium/large, one 6-9mo
infant and one adult 2x or bigger.  Valaria was telling me about this & it
sounds really fun.  Let me know when you can.
Thanks Margarite

Lavina call me - The Mom's Club will have it's first meeting on the 5th of
June.  We'll be doing Tie Dye T-Shirts for future field trips.
817-467-6959.......

The Elfsea/Steppes Mom's Club is a group of people who don't work and have
kids at home for the summer.  This is time in which we spend with our
children exploring fun things to do around the metroplex.

We will be meeting always during the day and should be done by the time our
spouses are home from work.
Anyone who wishes to attend our meeting is invited.  Let me know TODAY what
size of t-shirt you want.  You don't have to have kids either.. just
understand there will be lots of kids.  Even if you don't want participate
with the Mom's club and wish to do a t-shirt contact me and let me know
your
size.  You only pay for the t-shirt, I supply all the other supplies
including dies, rubber-bands, latex gloves, zippy bags, etc....

I order them from Dharma and they come prepared for dying.  Important ...
they're 100% cotton with cotton thread.  Most other t's have an amount of
polyester in them which prevents total absorption of dye in to the shirt
fiber.  Each parent will be assisting their child to tie their t-shirt and
dye it.  Then when the kids are finished the adults will do their own.

We're meeting about 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, at Xene's house.  972-299-9867
Bring swim stuff we might go to the public pool later that day.  It costs a
$1 to get in.  We will be discussing other field trips which we will be
taking, costs and other fun ideas we can do.

See you all there! - Arabella

>From Xene:

Let's see.  Go I-20 to Cedar Hill Hwy 1382 exit. I think it is exit number
457.

Head South (take a right ) on 1382.  Go past Hwy 67.  Several blocks past
67, 1382 and Beltline actually merge.
  Keep going straight on Beltline.  You will pass a Walgreens and Beltline
Intermediate School (that's where Anthony attends)

The next light is Joe Wilson.  Go through that intersection and take the
next right  (south) onto S. Waterford Oaks Dr.  It's a Kaufman and Broad
subdivision called Windsor Park.

  After you turn right onto S. Waterford Oaks Dr., drive until you see the
dead end.  The last road before the dead-end is Shadywood.  Take a left
onto
Shadywood, then the next left onto Sweetgum Dr.  We are the last house on
the right before the road ends.  It is a two-story brick house.

302 Sweetgum Dr.
Cedar Hill, TX 75104 for www.mapquest.com

I'll have a pot of coffee or tea ready:)