ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for April

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Mar 29 17:51:54 PST 2001

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for April describing what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

If you maintain a web page and would like to get the web version of
this article for posting on your webpage, near the middle of each
month, please contact me for more details.

I have had some trouble maintaining the list of Kingdom and
Principality mail lists that this article should go to using
Netscape. As a result I am going back to manual methods. Also I
believe the addresses have changed for several folks who were
forwarding this message to various closed lists. If you are on a
kingdom or principality mail list that you think should get this
monthly article and you don't see it there, please let me know.
If you are on a closed list (ie: one that will not accept messages
from outsiders, such as myself) and you are willing to forward this
message on an ongoing monthly basis, also please contact me.

Thanks,
  Stefan
------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eleven years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

    THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
    Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
under COMMERCE:
   Med-Merchants-CA   "Medieval Merchants and Artisans" by
                         Catriona Macperson (AKA Milly McCloskey).
under CRAFTS:
   pewter-msg         Pewter in period. Referances. Sources.
under CULTURES:
   Leicester-art      "Going Home" by Mistress Nicolaa de
                         Bracton of Leicester.
under FEASTS:
   Sumits-Wn-Inv-art  Summits Winter Investiture Feast - AS 34.
   practice-fsts-msg  Using practice feasts.
under FOOD-BREADS:
   bread-stamps-msg   Stamps used to leave insignia in bread.
under PERFORMANCE ARTS:
   masque-msg         A dramatic art of poetry, music and dance.
under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
   p-seed-trade-msg   Period seed trade. Referances.
under TEXTILE ARTS:
   macrame-msg        Period macrame. Referances.
under THE-12TH-CENTURY:
   12C-Chivalry-bib   "Chivalry" by HL Elaine de Montgris
   12C-Feudalism-bib  "Government and Feudalism" by HL Elaine de
                         Montgris (known as 'Lainie).
   12C-Movies-bib	    "Movies from 12th c. texts" by HL Elaine de
                         Montgris (known as 'Lainie).
   12C-Religion-bib   "Religion" by HL Elaine de Montgris

Here are a few of the files that have been updated this month:
   arms-humor-msg     Humorous SCA armorery.
   breakfast-msg      What's for breakfast? SCA and period.
   casting-msg        Casting pewter and other metals.
   cheesemaking-msg   Comments and info. on cheesemaking. Recipes.
   cook-flowers-msg   Cooking with flowers. Medieval flower dishes
   gourds-msg         Gourds, pumpkins, squash. Recipes.
   masks-msg          Theatrical masks. Period and modern.
   metalworking-msg   gauge thicknesses, inlays.
   salmon-msg         Period use of Salmon. Recipes.
   SCA-royalty-msg    SCA Royalty and what they should be.
   turkeys-msg        Use of turkeys in Rennaissance Europe.
---
Copyright 2001, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>