ES - Re: My feline children

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:52:39 PST 2001

Oh, Aeryn. I'm so sorry to hear of Blue's passing. I, too, am owned by 3
kitties. My oldest one is 15 years old this year, Hobie. I have had her
since she was 5 weeks old and we have been through everything together
(including 1 abusive marriage followed by an even worse divorce). I love her
dearly and I know that her time is coming to a close. I think Phelippe will
have to pretty much bury me with her when she passes over the Rainbow
Bridge.

My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you and your 4-legged
children.

Maria

-----
Several people listend to my worries about my cats at moot
        Thank you, they are like children to me.

We lost Blue the next mornig. He was alert when Chris came to bed around
2:00
but had slipped away when I got up at 5:30.

Now we are dealing with similar symptoms in Einstein who is being fed
through
a tube. The cause of the liver (and other organ) failure has not been
determined though the vet is hopeful with Einsteine because he is keeping
food down where Blue was not.

Sattai does not seem to be affected but we are keeping a close eye on her.

If you are kept by felines it might not be a bad idea to keep a close eye on
eating habits and skin color (not eating and developing yellow skin is bad)
as there could be a virus (one cause of liver failure) on the loose.

Thinking good thoughts for us would be much apreciated.

Aeryn