[Elfsea] Ok, lets talk about Defender and Springfaire

Melinda Turnage ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:01:07 PST 2002

>Innes wrote:>
>Elfsea Defender has become a tradition,   so why lessen the event at all?
>Just feel like people are trying to change the Traditions of the Barony.
>What
>I personally feel is that there should be some educating going on for the
>people who have not played  long enough to know what the traditions are.

Traditions are well and good.  However, at times, traditions need to be
modified to fit the group's needs.

Like the culture camps.  I too attended Defender 5 years ago (my first
event) when the culture camps were in full swing.  These camps gave me the
feel of the "dream" of the SCA.  I am sad to see them go away, but they are
a lot of work and I suppose people were getting tired of creating them.

Sometimes a change can create a renewed interest.  Let's not close our minds
to new ideas.

In service,
Ceinwen~