[Elfsea] Gothic War

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Thu Sep 9 16:18:30 PDT 2004

Greetings Elfsea!

Before many of us depart for Queen's champion or the Keller demo this
weekend, I must share my gratitude to those who helped make Gothic War so
special.

First, Lady Sabine, our industrious Hospitaler, without a doubt secured for
us the most prime real estate on site. *Everything* was but a short walk
away. List fields, melee fields, bath houses and court venues. Simply
marvelous. And of course, the Elf Sea was wonderful!

And to add to the best location, our meals were 2nd to none. Lady Elizabeth
and Lord Caius prepared exquisite meals throughout the event. The smell
alone was so good that I was more than a bit concerned for my safety when I
carried a plate up to watch the barrier battle! There were many, many
opportunities for fun at this event, but Lady Elizabeth and Lord Caius
sacrificed theirs and instead worked hard to enrich the event for the rest
of us. And that they did; and for that I offer a huge "Vivat" of thanks!

We also had some very enthusiastic newcomers who, along with Mistress
Stella, HL Rixende, Lord Dirk, Justin, Lady Sabine, Lord Lochlan, Lady Gwyn
and others helped with setup and teardown of the camp & the Blue & White and
assisted me with various logistical chores. This event brought back memories
of my own early events, and I was delighted that we had such quality
newcomers there to experience these new ones with us.

Congratulations Lord Lochlan on winning the Chivalric Bearpit on Sunday and
to Jarl Timo, Lord Daire, Lord Louie, Lord Logathar who performed so well at
the barrier. Lord Louie and Lord Logathar each made it into the quarter
finals of that meat grinder. Also, Lord Cathal of Loch Ruadh, made a valiant
effort that took him to the quarter finals as well. One of the best
tournaments I've seen in my entire time within the Society!

In the end, this event was simply outstanding. Outstanding weather,
outstanding fighting, outstanding food, but most of all outstanding friends.
I look forward to our next road trip with great enthusiasm!!

See you there, and be safe this weekend,
-=Armand=-
Lord Elfsea