[Elfsea] Sunday Fighter Practice

Dáire and Druinne -- the Hays Family daire.druinne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:18:26 PDT 2008

While AC certainly is a bonus, we really need to keep fighter practice
at a public venue.  While we do recruit a few folks now and again from
those who come to the parks for other reasons, we are most often
"found" by those who have seen our website and want to check us out.
Not everyone who seeks us out will actually come to talk to us.  Some
only watch and see what is going on.  This was made evident to us one
Sunday as a car full of people stated - "Oh here you are, we've been
looking all over this park for you," and that was the limit of their
interaction.  The chances of people coming out for a "look see" at
someone's home are not very good.  They lose their anonymity.

There is always a hard balance to strike at fighter practices,
especially on Sunday, between what the fighters need and what the
general populace needs.  Our Sunday practice serves several functions,
not the least of which is an opportunity to socialize. One thing to
remember that "cancelling" fighter practice means that there will be
no official combat activities. It does not mean that others cannot
gather to socialize or have fun, or that if the weather is not
inviting, that someone cannot offer to open their home to a gathering.

On another note, Rikr is right. Gothic will be here before we know it
and it is time to think melee.  For all of you fighters who do not
particularly like the tourney experience, this game is for you.  And
on top of that, His Royal Majesty Gleann Abhann also spoke of their
excitement over coming to Bordermarch.  Something about getting
something back from us that belongs to them?

Dáire and Druinne