[Elfsea] Recent events and the voice of experience

Scott Fridenberg via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 2 12:51:00 PST 2014

As an inactive member I may not have much standing to weigh in on this
issue and am very aware of that. But...

I have lived through this before.  I know where some of the landmines lie.
If you haven't been through something like this before, you have no idea
how ugly it can get and how fast it can get there.

I know that people want to express their opinions, anger, confusion,
support, outrage etc...    I would like to strongly STRONGLY suggest that
that be done in person, NOT by email or on Facebook.  Emotions run high at
times like these.  People do not always express themselves well, or listen
well.  When talking in person, it is easy to see if the other person is
getting hurt and upset and you can correct it immediately.  NOT SO in
written communication.  It is very easy for thing to spiral out of control
and things can get VERY, VERY ugly faster than you can imagine.  Don't let
that happen.

The very best thing you can do to support one another is to be there for
each other, IN PERSON.  Facebook and email are not acceptable substitutes.

Robert Fitzmorgan

--
* <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Eleanor_Roosevelt/>*Great minds
discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com