GE - I'm Moving And I Can't Get It Done!

StephenMacthomas at aol.com StephenMacthomas at aol.com
Fri May 5 05:51:51 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the populace from Lord Stephen:

This is a completely mundane note and all are herein warned that it only
pertains to the SCA on the far outer fringes.

This Sunday, May 7, I'll be moving (or at least, finishing the moving task
that's so far taken three weeks).  I hate to go public and ask for the
assistance of my friends in this endeavor, but the fact that I'm paying rent
on two apartments has forced my hand.  Any and all who have a strong back and
a tolerance for dust are invited - no, begged for.  I really need to finish
this up.

(For those that have missed it, my new address is: 19700 Hickory Twig #905,
Spring, TX  77388.  Everything is exactly the same as the old address except
for the apartment number.  Phone's the same, e-mail's the same - for now.)

Here's the task at hand, so far:  There are a few items that remain
downstairs that need to be boxed and moved to the new apartment.  There are
also several boxes that need to be picked up and moved.  Upstairs still has a
good deal of work to do on it, however.  There are many books, several knick
knacks, clothes and accessories, lots of SCA stuff, a bicycle, a Sony 5-CD
changer stereo system in need of two speaker wires and a universal remote,
and a futon that need to be moved from upstairs.  The trick here is that I
haven't gone through and purged this stuff yet, so the upstairs will be slow
going.

(For those that have missed this as well, since I'm downsizing, I'm also
purging my stuff.  As a few folks can tell you, there's no *telling* what's
going to be purged.  I can only tell you that, for the most part, the best is
yet to come.  And there's going to be lots of it.)

What I'm in need of are boxes - lots of them.  This has been so slow going
because I'm emptying boxes and re-using them as I go.  If I can get to the
point of dropping a box and heading back for more, things will go a lot
quicker.

I'm asking for people to start coming over at 11 am on Sunday and work until
you want to or need to quit.  In exchange for this service I offer the
following:
* all the soft drinks and water and Gatorade you can stand
* pizza for dinner if you stick around til then
* first dibs on the neat stuff I just don't have room for anymore
* a steak cookout at some point in the near future

Anyone interested in assisting, please write me privately to let me know if
and when you're coming and to get directions if needed.

In service,
Stephen