MOC Report RE: GE - Re: End of Reign Reports

Mills, Scott Scott.Mills at compaq.com
Tue May 23 13:58:35 PDT 2000

In advance I beg forgiveness for anyone that I offend.  I am a straight and
to the point kinda guy.

OK,  I don't wan't Stephen to constantly have to be the bad guy here
begging, and pleading then insisting and reminding that he needs (MUST HAVE)
reports from warranted officers.  I have been Seneschal of a group before, I
have 15 years SCA experience, I have held a number of other local offices,
and Stephen has my DEEP sympathies so I will be the bad guy here.  Outside
of Chronicler, the Seneschal is the hardest job we have simply because not
only does he have to deal with his own report every month but he must insure
that all of his other officers are reporting.

Last night many of us lightly quipped "We have children.", "We have a web
page.", "We have history.", "We have rapier practices."

I hope nobody took that seriously.  Everyone has something to report even
non-warranted officers like Virtual Scribe (my report will follow) and
Historian (ITS OUR TENTH ANNUAL EVENT!!!)

All officers have something to report and can provide details. It only takes
about 10 minutes of your time.

Maria, I am gunna use you as an example.  No offense intended, please try to
view these as suggestions.

An example of things to me included in the MOC report would be:

* The number of children in the Canton
* Upcoming plans (with a little detail) for events at MSFX
* Highlights of any children's activities that have been held
  including activities at populace/officers meetings, etc.
* Any instances where children have actively participated in
  more adult activities.
* Any awards the children have received
* etc.

If you don't have this information readily at hand (although it should all
be in the last six months worth of reports that you have in your files and
easily at hand.

Being a warranted officer for the group is certainly a great service.  It
intrudes on our otherwise busy life and provides a few minutes of drudgery
each month as we make out those pesky reports or otherwise fulfill your
offices.

>From those of us who are not warranted officers to those of you who are,
THANK YOU!  Because of your efforts we have a local group so we can play an
socialize without having to travel so much and we have a home we call Gate's
Edge.

However, there are rewards to being a warranted officer.  For instance
according to Kingdom law to be eligible to fight in Crown Tournament or be a
potential consort:

"He/she must have served in an administrative office(s) of the Society for
Creative Anachronism, Inc. ., or its equivalent, for at least a total of one
(1) year."

Additionally, although not a requirement when decisions are made for
Peerages, or Grants of Nobility regardless of Court Barony or Territorial
Barony the holding of an office goes a long, long, long, way.  Those who
serve the society appropriately are rewarded and recognized.

OK, I'll step down and kick my soapbox aside.

I will post my end of reign report to the list later tonight and I encourage
all other officers to do the same.

Stephen, Please make sure that your end of reign report in copied to Linnet
for inclusion in a newsletter.   We have a done a LOT to be proud of in the
last six months and it will be great to see it all in one place in a
consolidated form.

In Service,

Ld Eadric Anstapa