[Gatesedge] new to the area

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Jul 11 18:14:38 PDT 2004

Greetings Kierian...hmmm I think I just spelled that wrong...oh well, my personae probably can't write all that well anyway....:-) Welcome to one of the best Shires in the Knowne Worlde! As you get to know us, you will find that we are a group of real go-getters. We have a large and thriving equestrian group with one of the best "horsey folk" you could ask for in the person of our own Honorable Lady Gwenhevar *(spelled wrong...oh well). Our archery group is known throughout the kingdom....since not only is our beloved Baron Talmon our archery marshall but HL Edric Anstapa is the Kingdom Archery marshall, Lord Iaen Mor is the Coastal Regional archery marshall and I believe that the Lord Cadet Carluccio de Bia keeps the kingdom archery records (but I could be wrong on that) Lady Gisele is an incredible seamstress (as is Gwenhevar and Serin). Our beloved Lady Natalia is an uber calligrapher/illuminator, Lady Fiametta is one of the most artistic and talented artists I've ever known! We are known throughout the region and the kingdom for our unceasing service doing just about everything you can imagine for events just about everywhere. If you go to just about any event anywhere and definately locally you will find the people of GatesEdge deeply involved in all aspects of that event. For example, Lady Groa coordinated the A&S classes and competitions for Argent this last weekend. Honorable Lord Snorri was in charge of fundraising for the Argent fireworks and then coordinated a new form of bardic competition (group bardic) for Argent. Lady Anastassia helped with gate as did Snorri's (real) Mom, Denny (who just chose an SCA name this weekend and I think it was Aldis but I can't remember) Both Gisele and Gwenhevar were deep in with the horses. Honorable Lady Caitlin helped with Feast. I was in charge of coordinating the Argent Museum. Mistress Shannahan was an intregal part of my museum as one of my "living displays" (she's been in the SCA since 1972!) Lord Iaen was there and involved in the Archery as usual...I didn't see HL Eadric but this being a kingdom event I can't imagine that he *wasn't* there unless something unusual came up. Lord Carluccio fought in the rapier at Argent and became a Cadet to Don Christophoro. Our Lord Brian Mac Cael (treasurer for Gates Edge) was elevated to the White Scarves and is now Don Brian. A fairly new member to our group, M'lady Galiana was in charge of the Heraldic Consultation tables. Whew! There are probably some more folk of ours that were out there and working and I just didn't know about it!!! Can you tell how proud I am of our group? Being a Bard, I haven't found any profit in being humble....let the Monks do that...word fame is good!!! :-) Welcome to GatesEdge!!! Be prepared to have a great deal of fun!!!
H.L. Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
but most folk just call me Annes (pronounced like you have "a neice" not a nephew)
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen