[Gatesedge] IMPORTANT NEWS

robert smetek robertsmetek at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 05:18:17 PDT 2007

Jogger attacked, sexually assaulted at NW Harris County park
  (8/23/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - There is a warning for female joggers at a northwest Harris County park. A woman says she was attacked and sexually assaulted while trying to exercise at Meyer park.

    Investigators say the woman was jogging alone in a remote area of the park when a man jumped from the bushes, and dragged her into the woods. As he was assaulting her, something or someone spooked him and he ran away.
  Authorities are telling all women to be aware of their surroundings. Officers also suggest not using headphones while jogging. No arrests have been made.

  We brought you this story with help from our Houston Community Newspapers partner, the 1960 Sun.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

  http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5596075