[Gatesedge] looking for art supplies

Sway Personal sway_personal at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 11:59:57 PDT 2008

Jerry's Artarama is....fine....but....may I suggest you take the prilgrimage to.......

Texas Art Supply
2001 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
(713) 526-5221

http://www.texasart.com/help/index_store_locations.cfm

Each location is different, but the one on Montrose seems to be more serious artist minded.  And yes, the items you require are on line, but this is local art store nirvana.....you, too can thwack the Kolinsky Sable brushes.....feel the specialty vellum.....look at the tooth on some *excellent* papers....

Staff members are usually rather vague and snotty, but.....welcome to Houston!  And besides:  who cares!  You're there to get lost in a legendary art store.  Yes, yes...Jerry's is just fine for the "ooops, I forgot my qouache"...but when you're looking for Schminke.....TAS is the Maaaan....

But hey...what do I know....I'm just a tired old Laurel...  ;)

Best wishes.....

~Aslyn