[Gatesedge] Chivalric Champion Sword

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Jul 14 14:42:42 PDT 2009

The list of Champions on the web site is up-to-date with our most
recently selected champions and Sir Godwin is indeed our current Armored
Combat Champion.  I would say that delivery of the sword to Sir Godwin
for safe keeping is a great idea.

And, for what it is worth.... Pet Peeve time...  Godwin is our Armored
Combat Champion not our "Chivalric" champion.  The SCA corporate
documents speak of Armored and Rapier combat, not Chivalric combat.  The
rules of the list tell us that all participants in any combat, including
rapier combat, should behave in a  knightly and chivalrous manner.  We
expect all our champions to behave chivalrously.  Certainly Sir Godwin
is a very chivalrous man, but so is Don Shea our Rapier Champion.
Clearly Sir Godwin is a member of the Order of the Chivalry but our
Armored Combat Tournament is not limited to just those who are members
of that great peerage order and we often have Armored Combat Champions
who are not members of the Chivalry.

OK,  I have petted my pet peeve.  It feels better now.

- EA