ANSTHRLD - Fwd: Re: Society Name

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Tue Jul 18 16:57:21 PDT 2000

Teceangl said, amongst much else:

>If I come across as snappish, please chalk it up to a certain distaste about
>speculation and perpetration of misinformation when the sources for the true
>information are readily available.  Working with people who continue to
>speculate when the facts are apparent and who dislike being contradicted by
>the truth has slightly jaded me and made me predisposed to correct such
>behaviour wherever I get the chance.

I did not take your comment as snappy though I understand your distaste.

Due to mundane conflicts that have almost pulled me completely out of
the SCA, I could not consult the submitter correctly on this name
(besides, names are not my strong suit though I am trying to learn
when time allows).  So I turned the question over to my brother and
sister heralds here in Ansteorra in the hopes that we could help
another submitter.  I did not check her source material and felt
lucky to actually have the time to post the original question for her
to you.  I have however asked her to check her own source material
based upon the constructive comments returned.

The submitter has promised to recheck her source and forward it to me
so that I can let this list know where she got the first name or let
her know how she is reading it incorrectly.

I also do not mind being corrected when wrong so I took no offence to
your post.  (Please notice I have corrected myself on a device issue
lately.)  If not corrected how would I learn and how would I continue
to help those who are actually eager to learn?  I am however sorry if
my posting when I had time left the question in a form
(unchecked/unverified) that struck a nerve with you.

Seigneur Etienne