ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check

Brent_Ryder at Stream.Com Brent_Ryder at Stream.Com
Tue Jul 11 06:28:38 PDT 2000

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:18:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: tmcd at jump.net (Timothy A. McDaniel)
Subject: Re: ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check

>> I went to a meeting of the soon to be incipient shire of Black Oak Keep

>They're coming back?  Same place?  (Greenville, wasn't it?)

Yep

>Any of the same players?  Cool.

Not that I have seen so far

>> Argent, a chevron purpure, in chief two horse heads reguardant
>> sable, a tower embattled azure.

>I'd say "contourny" for the "horse's heads", because "reguardant" to
>me implies a relative position of head versus body, and they ain't got
>no body.

I knew the word I was using was wrong, I just could not think of the
correct word. Basically, the heads face each other

>Please clarify the blazon: where exactly is the tower?  Is it in base
>(so delete "in chief"), overall (so "overall" should be added), in
>chief with the heads (in which case their relative positions should be
>blazoned, like "a tower bwteeen two horse's heads"), or what?

I put the 'In Chief' for clarity, but seem to have missed that point. :(

It is a standard two and one arrangement of the secondaries. The tower is
'in base'.

Sorry for the confusion

Borek, Star