ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Oct 16 20:59:03 PDT 2000

> >Per chevron, per pale sable and purpure and Or

Actually, you want the comma a little later in the blazon:
   Per chevron per pale sable and purpure, and Or.

> If I have interpreted correctly, then I believe that this field
> division is actually named "Per pall inverted".  The blazon would be:
> "Per pall inverted sable, purpure, and Or."  After a conflict check
> online, I find no conflicts.  There were about ten devices which had
> two-thirds of your field colors but all included the addition of
> charges.

It's not per pall inverted, though.  It's half Or, the other half being evenly
divided between sable and purpure.  This is definitely different from per pall
inverted, so no conflict should be considered between the field divisions if
this proposal is drawn well.

> This is field only armory.  If I remember my RfS correctly (I am
> retired right now so I certainly welcome others checking what I
> write), the addition of a primary charge is sufficient to difference
> all of the other armory I found from the one you have proposed here.

X.1. applies, meaning if there's a primary charge, there's no conflict.
A peripheral ordinary wouldn't allow X.1. clearance, though.  Using X.4.ii.a.
we find that this can only conflict with other field-primary armory which
is divided per chevron.  Using X.4.ii.b. we find that if the registered
armory does not share any tinctures with this proposal, there is no conflict.
I would say this could conflict with "per pale and per chevron" if tinctures
were similar.

I found something to consider, but I htink it's clear:
     Alfonso Henriques de Montoya - March of 1998 (via Drachenwald): Per
     chevron azure and Or.

There is a definite CD for change of tincture of half the field.  There is
a good possibility that there's another CD for dividing the upper half of
the field, though.

X.4.ii.c. Other Field-Primary Armory - In any case, independent changes to the
tincture, direction of partition lines, style of partition lines, or number of
pieces in the partition may be counted separately when comparing two pieces of
field-primary armory. There are two clear differences between Per chevron
argent and azure and Per pale nebuly argent and azure.

I'm not 100% certain, though, so I'm going to ask on SCA Heralds.

- Teceangl
--
     To heck with a self-cleaning oven; I want a self-cleaning fish.