ANSTHRLD - iloi 0009 notes

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Oct 25 09:56:58 PDT 2000

I assume that the deadline for ILoI 0009 will be delayed?  Normally
the deadline would have passed, but Bryn Gwlad at least just got the
ILoI.

I am informed that there are two blazon oops in ILoI 0009, as seen at
    <http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/ILoI/iloi0009/iloi0009.htm>
or via the DOC file I'll e-mail to anyone who e-mails me at work,
    tmcd at us.ibm.com

"2)  Arabella of the Plains
"Per bend wavy azure and vert (not argent) between
"a bend wavy an mistral and a horse argent.
"See comments on ILoI 12/98 #3, the original submission.

The Web page and the DOC file have that blazon, so I presume it was
corrected along the way.  In your commentary, please note the blazon
you conflict-checked.  (Also give the correct blazon, of course: that
one is rather mangled.)

"23)  Tamara de Montoya
"Gules, a natural snow leopard sejant guardant proper,
"and on a chief argent 3 lozenges gules.

The DOC file and Web page omit the "argent".  Again, when you comment,
give the blazon you worked on.

"4) Dunstan a. e. Petrokes Stowe (Loch Ruadh)
"I think the a.e. is {ae}t in Old English.
Anyone have a more original version to be sure?

Apparently there was a reason I didn't notice accented characters: the
accents all got shredded.

Daniel "love the propeller bunny" de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)