ANSTHRLD - simple device question

tmcd@jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Wed Sep 6 23:36:53 PDT 2000

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Chris Backus <cbackus at peakonline.com> wrote:
> I have a question.  I just registered my device.  Can I register
> two?

Yes.  No.  Mu.

Magnus's answer was a bit brief.  In period, people had one coat of
arms (what we, for reasons to do with the "Award of Arms", call a
"device").  (OK, they might inherit several coats via parents, but
they usually put all the separate coats on one shield, and the SCA
basically doesn't allow the registration of quartered arms.)

You can register other pieces of armory, and we call them "badges",
and they can look just like devices, but they may or may not represent
medieval practice, and I like to follow medieval practice when I can.

Why do you want two devices -- A device for an alternate persona?
A design to mark your propoerty?  A badge to mark members of your
household?  A design for a guild?  It affects the advice I'd give.

By the way, what are your registered name and device?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.