ANSTHRLD - Give me patience..

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Feb 22 11:10:18 PST 2001

Darius wrote:
> Wait I think there is a symbol for patience:
> "Argent a cross Gules"

*puzzled*  Why is the Cross of S. George, the flag of England,
anything to do with patience?

If you're going for the Red Cross:
- I already went there in suggesting the rod of Aesculapius and
  the bowl of Hygaea
- The Red Cross symbol is "a cross *couped* gules" on argent
- It is *not* supposed to be a symbol for hospitals or medical
  care.  In wartime, by international treaty, it is only for
  military hospitals.  In peacetime, Red Cross Societies can
  use it to show affiliation.  There is supposed to be
  no other use (though Johnson and Johnson, some hospitals
  and clinics and such, and other people use it nonetheless).

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)