[ANSTHRLD] comments and suggestions

Andrea Hicks maridonna at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 14 06:50:36 PST 2001

Snipped throughout

Lady Simone ui'Dunlaingh wrote:

> > I hope they had fun.  Only in the SCA can a person 'dress up' at least
> > once a month.  I love it!
>
> They had fun and can't wait to go again

Great news.

> I'm sure I can get Amanda to think about her name some more out of the two
> girls she's the one that dicided at the event she needed slippers because
> her tennis shoes "were not period" I about fell out of my chair when she
> falowed that up with "Isn't that right auntie Simone. I do want to be a
> proper ladie" at that point I figured she was one of us in a little package
> and was convinced when she asked for help with a proper name

They sound like SCA Dream Kids.  Start them young and raise them right!!

> > I think the by-name should be "inghean Ui" Dunlaingh.  Is Dunlaingh the
> > lenited form of Dúnlang?  Someone will correct me; I'm not too good with
> > Gaelic names.
>
> I'm not sure i've been spelling it that way for years.  i could be wrong.

So could I be wrong.

--
Andrea / Maridonna

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the
only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- nameless,
unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes
needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
						FDR, 1933