[ANSTHRLD] questions from TRF

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:25:38 PST 2001

>Azure estencelle Or, on a pellet enflamed a hawk displayed Or
>
>she is willing to make modifications and I have told her she may need to
>make several.
>I have suggested making the badge fieldless rather than the azure
>estencelle field, and she is willing if needed
>
>I am concerned about the enflamed pellet however. i seem to recall some
>precedent ruling against further registrations of enflamed objects. am I
>dreaming it. or is there really something?

Azure, estencelé Or, on a roundel sable enflamed, a hawk displayed Or.
I am assuming the flames are Or.
This is a sable charge on azure field return.  I am surprised you missed
that part.

Flames have some odd precedents.
You can't fimbriate flames.
Flames proper must be equal parts Or and gules.
Enflamed means there are small flames around the charge
(see salamander or panther).
Ordinaries of flames have not been registerable since
1994. This would include the bend, saltire, fess, and,
especially, the cross.

A roundel can be enflamed with no problem.

As too using fieldless for this badge:
"this badge uses a plain line charged roundel on a
fieldless badge, a practice that has been disallowed
since Baldwin of Erebor's tenure as Laurel." [Aneala, Barony of, 7/99,
R-Lochac]
So it looks like "(Fieldless) On a roundel sable enflamed, a hawk displayed
Or" is out too.

It took a while to find these precednents.

Magnus