[ANSTHRLD] questions from TRF

R Husted rhusted at mastnet.net
Tue Nov 20 10:26:18 PST 2001

thanks for looking up these answers. i know your time if limited.

> Ordinaries of flames have not been registerable since
> 1994. This would include the bend, saltire, fess, and,
> especially, the cross.

this seems to be the precedent I was thinking of. It is not the same I as was
remembering though.

> A roundel can be enflamed with no problem.
>
> As too using fieldless for this badge:
> "this badge uses a plain line charged roundel on a
> fieldless badge, a practice that has been disallowed
> since Baldwin of Erebor's tenure as Laurel." [Aneala, Barony of, 7/99,
> R-Lochac]
> So it looks like "(Fieldless) On a roundel sable enflamed, a hawk displayed
> Or" is out too.

Thanks. We have already worked out what is a better badge ...I hope

(fieldless) on a sun eclipsed, an eagle displayed reguardant Or

do I need to blazon that the suns rays are Or and the center is sable? or is
that a default?

if so would it be (fieldless) on a sun Or eclipsed sable, and eagle.......

medb