[ANSTHRLD] Armory Help

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue Jul 16 12:44:11 PDT 2002

Rod Jackson <culn97 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> She wants, "Purpure, cheveronelles disjointed of three, in chief,
> fleur de lis of three Or."

If you're not very sure of your skill in blazoning, please describe
the armory in plain English words.  "of three" isn't a valid blazon
term on its own: my first thought was that the chevronels (note
spelling) were split into threes, but that can't be true of the
non-disjoint fleur (s)-de-lis in chief.  What does a "chevronel
disjointed" look like?

> The second issue that I have is the presumption of honors from the
> Crown of France in the use of the Fleur de lis.  What, if any are
> the guidelines?

    Note: three or more fleurs-de-lys Or are not permitted on azure
    fields. To do so constitutes a claim to connection to French
    royalty, prohibited under Rule XI.1. (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR
    December 1997, p. 6)

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)